Advice to Wheelchair/Mobility Scooter Users Intending to Take Coach Holidays with Hatton’s Travel
If you are a wheelchair user you are very welcome on our coach holidays & day excursions, subject to certain conditions.
- Only one standard wheelchair is allowed per tour, unless specifically arranged otherwise with Hatton’s Travel.
- The user should check with Hatton’s Travel as to the suitability of the holiday and also discuss any other special requirements they have made. Hatton’s Travel will do their best to accommodate the user.
- Hatton’s Travel reserves the right to refuse the booking if the available space is already booked, if the tour itinerary is felt unsuitable or if the hotel accommodation is either fully booked or unsuitable.
- The user should be accompanied by a carer, relative or friend who is able to take charge of the wheelchair and where appropriate disconnect/reconnect any batteries.
- Scooters are not usually permitted on coach holidays except in certain special circumstances by prior arrangement with Hatton’s Travel.
- A scooter user must be accompanied by an able-bodied person who is able to dismantle and re-assemble the scooter, disconnect the batteries and load it into the luggage area of the coach, this is not the responsibility of the driver or courier.
- No individual part should weigh more than 15kgs
- Category 3 scooters are not permitted under any circumstances
- Attention is also drawn to Section 16 of our 2014 BCH Trading charter concerning ‘Passengers with Disabilities’.
- All Hatton’s Travel Tour Coaches are fully compliant with current legislation concerning tour coaches.
If you have any questions or require further clarification or advice, please contact us.
See website for details: www.hattonstravel.co.uk or phone 01744 811818 (option 1)